Place:Cheviot, Hamilton, Ohio, United States

Watchers


NameCheviot
Alt namesCheviot Stationsource: USGS, GNIS Digital Gazetteer (1994) GNIS39003479
Cheviottsource: USGS, GNIS Digital Gazetteer (1994) GNIS39003479
TypeCity
Coordinates39.158°N 84.612°W
Located inHamilton, Ohio, United States
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Cheviot is a city in west-central Hamilton County, Ohio, United States. The population was 8,375 at the 2010 census.

History

the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

In 1818 a Scottish immigrant named John Craig purchased a half section of of Green Township from Elias Boudinot. He built an inn and tavern on the Harrison Pike. In 1818 Craig laid out a village which he named after the Cheviot Hills in southern Scotland. He sold lots and growth began.

The town was incorporated in 1901. Originally a farming community, today Cheviot is a residential suburb of Cincinnati.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Cheviot, Ohio. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.