- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Chevington from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "CHEVINGTON, two townships and a chapelry in Warkworth parish, Northumberland. The townships are designated East and West; and they lie on the North-eastern railway, between Widdrington and Acklington stations, 5½ miles SSW of Warkworth. Acres: 2,225, and 1,804. Real property: £6,999; of which £1,363 are in mines. Population: 651 and 161. Houses: 121 and 32. The chapelry was constituted in 1862; and is of somewhat less extent than the townships. Post town: Widdrington, under Morpeth. Population: 635. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Durham. Value: £350. Patron: the Bishop of Durham."
Chevington Drift has been redirected here. It is most likely to be one of the coalmines.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.