Chesterton is a village and civil parish in the Cherwell District of Oxfordshire, England. It is on Gagle Brook, a tributary of the Langford Brook and about 1 1⁄2 miles (2.4 km) southwest of the market town of Bicester. The village has sometimes been called Great Chesterton to distinguish it from the hamlet of Little Chesterton, about 3⁄4 mile (1.2 km) to the south in the same parish. The 2011 UK census recorded the parish population as 850.
Chesterton village is on the course of Akeman Street, the Roman road between Watling Street and Cirencester, about 1 mile (1.6 km) northwest of Alchester Roman Town. The road forms part of the southwest boundary of the parish.
In 1932 Chesterton absorbed part of the township of Bicester Kings End when the rest of the township was absorbed into Bicester civil parish.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Chesterton. Includes a description of the manor and its occupants over the centuries, the parish church, and a summary of the social and economic history of the parish including its watermills and country houses.