|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Northumberland, England|
|See also||Stamfordham, Northumberland, England||ancient parish in which it was a township|
|Tynedale Ward, Northumberland, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Castle Ward Rural, Northumberland, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1955|
|Stamfordham, Northumberland, England||civil parish into which it was absorbed in 1955|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Cheeseburn Grange from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "CHEESEBURN GRANGE, a township in Stamfordham parish, Northumberland; near the Roman wall, 9½ miles WNW of Newcastle. Acres: 795. Population: 75. Houses: 15. A mansion here, with a Roman Catholic chapel, belongs to the Bidell family."
Cheeseburn Grange was a township in the ancient parish of Stamfordham and became a separate civil parish in 1866. In 1955 the civil parish was abolished and the area was absorbed back into the parish of Stamfordham.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.