Cazenovia is a village located in the Town of Cazenovia in Madison County, New York, United States. As of the 2010 census, the village had a population of 2,835. The village lies on the southeast shore of Cazenovia Lake, which is approximately long and .5 miles across. The village is located on US Route 20 and is home to Cazenovia College.
Cazenovia was established in 1794 by John Lincklaen, a young Dutch naval officer who purchased the town under the auspices of the Holland Land Company. Some of the first buildings established in Cazenovia were what is now the Presbyterian Church and the company store. The town is named after Theophilus Cazenove, an agent with the land company.
The village was incorporated in 1810 and was the first county seat (until 1817). Many of the village's historic buildings are encompassed by the Albany Street Historic District and Cazenovia Village Historic District. Also listed on the National Register of Historic Places is the Lehigh Valley Railroad Depot.
To be included in the historic sites in Cazenovia, Lorenzo Farms which is located off Rt 13 also named Rippleton Road. This land now belongs to the NY Historic Start Trust after being bought from the previous owner,George Ledyard, upon death. There is a school house, mansion and farmhouse,and a designed garden that guests can tour through year round by appointment or during regular hours. Lincklaen House - 170 years of excellence. Featured in Antil novels - The Pompey Hollow Book Club series
In 2005, the Cazenovia High School Academic Decathlon team won the school's first state title, sending the team to the national competition in Chicago. The team retained its state title the following four years, traveling to national competitions in San Antonio, Texas in 2006, Honolulu, Hawaii in 2007, Anaheim, California in 2008, and Memphis, Tennessee in 2009.