Stourton Caundle is a village and civil parish in the county of Dorset in southwest England. It lies within the Blackmore Vale in the North Dorset administrative district, about east of Sherborne. the parish has a population of 439.
Stourton Caundle is one of several settlements in the area to bear the name "Caundle", the others being Bishop's Caundle, Purse Caundle and Caundle Marsh. The origin of "Caundle" is uncertain, though there are references to land called "Candelle", "Candel" or "In Candele" in the Domesday Book in 1086. Sir Henry de Haddon, a lord from Northamptonshire, bought land and founded a manor here in 1202, and the resultant settlement was called "Caundel Haddon" or "Caundle Haddon". The Haddons retained the manor until 1461 when it passed to the Stourton family, which resulted in the current village name.
The manor was on the west side of the main village street and was probably fortified, resulting in it being referred to as a 'castle', though only a thirteenth-century chapel building (no longer used as such) and two fish ponds associated with the site now remain.
Stourton Caundle's parish church is dedicated to St Peter and has a thirteenth-century nave and chancel, and a fourteenth-century tower.
The village was once a venue for stave dances.
The village has a small pub called The Trooper, but villagers must travel to local town Stalbridge for other amenities.