Catlin is a town in Chemung County, New York, United States. The population was 2,618 at the 2010 census. The town is named after Phineas Catlin, a surveyor and public official. Catlin is in the northwest corner of the county, northwest of Elmira. It is part of the Elmira Metropolitan Statistical Area.
The town's land was first settled around 1816. The town of Catlin was organized in 1823 from the town of Catharine. The town of Dix was formed from the north part of Catlin in 1835. (Both Catharine and Dix are now in Schuyler County.)