|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||West Riding of Yorkshire, England ( - 1974)|
|Also located in||Yorkshire, England |
|North Yorkshire, England (1974 - )|
|See also||Leathley, West Riding of Yorkshire, England||ancient parish of which it was part|
|Claro Wapentake, West Riding of Yorkshire, England||wapentake in which it was located|
|Wharfedale Rural, West Riding of Yorkshire, England||rural district in which it was situated 1894-1974|
|Harrogate District, North Yorkshire, England||administrative district covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
Castley was originally a township in the ancient parish of Leathley in the Claro Wapentake of the West Riding of Yorkshire.
Castley was made a civil parish in 1866 and in 1894 it became part of the Wharfedale Rural District. Since 1974 it has been in North Yorkshire, specifically within the Harrogate District.
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Castley is a village and civil parish which, since 1974, has been located in the Harrogate District of North Yorkshire, England. At the 2011 Uk census the population of the civil parish was less than 100. Details are included in the civil parish of Stainburn. It lies on the River Wharfe about 10 miles from the centre of Leeds.
Categories: West Riding of Yorkshire, England | Castley, West Riding of Yorkshire, England | Leathley, West Riding of Yorkshire, England | Claro Wapentake, West Riding of Yorkshire, England | Wharfedale Rural, West Riding of Yorkshire, England | Harrogate District, North Yorkshire, England | North Yorkshire, England