- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Castle Ward was a rural district of the administrative county of Northumberland, England from 1894 to 1974, covering an area north-west of the city of Newcastle upon Tyne. It was named after the historic Castle ward of Northumberland. In 1974, under the Local Government Act 1972, most of it was merged to form part of the Castle Morpeth district, with part going to the metropolitan borough of Newcastle. The council offices were located in Ponteland.