Castle Ashby is the name of a civil parish, an estate village and an English country house in rural Northamptonshire. Historically the village was set up to service the needs of Castle Ashby Manor, the seat of the Marquess of Northampton. The village has one small pub-hotel, The Falcon. At the time of the 2001 census, the parish's population was 134 people. The village contains many houses rebuilt from the 1860s onwards. These include work by the architect E.F. Law of Northampton, whose work can also be seen nearby at Horton Church. The castle is the result of a license obtained in 1306, for Walter Langton, Bishop of Coventry, to castellate his mansion in the village of Ashby.
These two maps show the boundaries of the individual civil parishes in the county in 1900 and in 1944. Comparing the two on a local level allows one to understand the alterations (should there be any) which occurred during the interim period which are noted in the text above.