|Type||Village, Civil parish|
|Located in||North Riding of Yorkshire, England ( - 1974)|
|Also located in||North Yorkshire, England (1974 - )|
|Yorkshire, England |
|See also||Bedale Rural, North Riding of Yorkshire, England||rural district of which it was a part 1894-1974|
|Hambleton District, North Yorkshire, England||municipal district of which it has been a part since 1974|
|Halikeld Wapentake, North Riding of Yorkshire, England||wapentake in which it was located|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Carthorpe is a small village and civil parish in the Hambleton district of North Yorkshire, England. It is located about 4 miles south of Bedale. It has a population of 301.
Village services include a pub (the Fox and Hounds Inn),and a phonebox
A trekking centre is located at the end of the village and provides a range of activities for all age groups.
Prior to the nationwide municipal reorganization of 1974, Carthorpe was part of Bedale Rural District. Historically, it was located in the ecclesiastical parish of Burneston in the wapentake of Halikeld.