Place:Canons Ashby, Northamptonshire, England

Watchers


NameCanons Ashby
Alt namesAshby Canonssource: Family History Library Catalog
TypeVillage
Located inNorthamptonshire, England
source: Family History Library Catalog


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Canons Ashby is a small village and civil parish in the Daventry district of the county of Northamptonshire, England.

Its most notable building is Canons Ashby House, a National Trust property. The parish church is a surviving fragment of Canons Ashby Priory.

It is situated one mile from Moreton Pinkney. A railway station was located between the two villages, on the Stratford-upon-Avon and Midland Junction Railway (later part of the London Midland and Scottish Railway), but the station closed in April 1952.

The village is part of the Daventry constituency.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Canons Ashby. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.