|Name||Callaly and Yetlington|
|Alt names||Callaly||source: village in parish|
|Yetlington||source: village in parish|
|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Northumberland, England|
|See also||Whittingham, Northumberland, England||ancient parish in which it was a township|
|Coquetdale Ward, Northumberland, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Rothbury Rural, Northumberland, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1974|
|Callaly, Northumberland, England||name of civil parish since 1955|
|Lorbottle, Northumberland, England||civil parish which it was absorbed in 1955|
|Alnwick District, Northumberland, England||district municipality covering the area 1974-2009|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
Callaly and Yetlington are two small villages that made up one township and now make up one civil parish in Northumberland, England. They each have a one-sentence article in Wikipedia. Callaly is some 14.5 km (9.0 mi) to the west of Alnwick, Northumberland, England and the location of Callaly Castle.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Callaly and Yetlington from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "CALLALEY AND YETHINGTON, a township in Whittingham parish, Northumberland; 5 miles N by W of Rothbury. Acres: 3,970. Population: 261. Houses: 51. Callaley Hall is the seat of the Caverings; and includes some portions of an old castle. Callaley crag is crowned with remains of a Roman entrenchment.
Callaly and Yetlington was a township in the ancient parish of Whittingham and became a separate civil parish in 1866. From 1894 until 1955 it was part of Rothbury Rural District. In 1955 the name of the civil parish was changed to Callaly and it continued to be in Rothbury Rural District until 1974. Also in 1955 Callally absorbed the neighbouring parish of Lorbottle which was abolished. In 1974 rural districts were abolished and Callaly became part of the Alnwick District until 2009 when Northumberland became a unitary authority.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.
Categories: Northumberland, England | Callaly and Yetlington, Northumberland, England | Whittingham, Northumberland, England | Coquetdale Ward, Northumberland, England | Rothbury Rural, Northumberland, England | Alnwick District, Northumberland, England