- source: Family History Library Catalog
Bywell St. Andrew was an ancient parish in the Tynedale Ward of Northumberland, England, but was only a civil parish until 1887 when it was merged into the newly formed civil parish of Bywell along with Bywell St. Peter. Its transfer to Bywell occurred before the existence of rural and urban districts.
Wikipedia has a description of its church.
As an ancient parish it contained the following townships:
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.