Byron is a town in Genesee County, New York, United States. It was named in honor of Lord Byron. The town is on the northern border of the county, and lies northeast of the city of Batavia. The population was 2,369 at the 2010 census. The local school district, Byron-Bergen Central School District is shared with Bergen, New York.
Byron was first settled around 1807. The town was incorporated in 1820 from part of the town of Bergen.
Byron was traditionally a rural area of dairy and vegetable farms.