|Alt names||Bergetorp||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 306|
|Berguetorp||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 306|
|Type||Village, Civil parish|
|Located in||East Riding of Yorkshire, England ( - 1974)|
|Also located in||Yorkshire, England |
|North Yorkshire, England (1974 - )|
|See also||Norton Rural, East Riding of Yorkshire, England||rural district in which the parish was situated|
|Ryedale District, North Yorkshire, England||administrative district in which it is now located|
|Buckrose Wapentake, East Riding of Yorkshire, England||wapentake in which it was located|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Burythorpe is a village and civil parish in the Ryedale district of North Yorkshire, England, about south of Malton. According to the 2001 census it had a population of 289.
The Whitegrounds barrow is nearby.
Prior to the nationwide municipal reorganization of 1974, Burythorpe was located in Norton Rural District. Historically, it was an ecclesiastical parish in the Buckrose Wapentake.
In 1935 Burythorpe absorbed the neighbouring parishes of Kennythorpe and Eddlethorpe and Menethorpe.