Burton Lazars is a village two miles south-east of Melton Mowbray in Leicestershire having a population of around 450 in 2015. It is the site of the remains of the English headquarters of the military and hospitaller Order of Saint Lazarus. A description of the monastery and its purpose is provided in Wikipedia.
Burton Lazars was one of three civil parishes which joined together in 1936 to make the single parish of Burton and Dalby which exists today. It was a township of Melton Mowbray parish until 1866 when it became a civil parish in its own right.
Burton Lazars was a parish in Melton Mowbray Rural District from 1894 until 1935 when the rural district was abolished and replaced by the Melton and Belvoir Rural District which covered a larger area. A year after the introduction of the new rural district its parishes were reorganized and reduced in number from 68 to 25.
In 1974 a new nationwide organization of local government was introduced in which rural and urban districts were replaced by "non-metropolitan" districts. In the northeast of Leicestershire this meant little save for the fact that the principal town of Melton Mowbray, formerly a separate urban district, was now governed by the same body (Melton District or Borough) as the rural area that surrounded it.
Maps on the place-pages for Belvoir Rural District and Melton and Belvoir Rural District illustrate the location of the various parishes and the geographical and administrative changes that occurred in 1936.