Place:Constable Burton, North Riding of Yorkshire, England

Watchers
NameConstable Burton
Alt namesConstable-Burtonsource: Family History Library Catalog
TypeVillage, Civil parish
Coordinates54.313°N 1.745°W
Located inNorth Riding of Yorkshire, England     ( - 1974)
Also located inYorkshire, England    
North Yorkshire, England     (1974 - )
See alsoLeyburn Rural, North Riding of Yorkshire, Englandrural district of which the parish was a part 1894-1974
Richmondshire, North Yorkshire, Englanddistrict municipality in which it has been situated since 1974
source: Family History Library Catalog


NOTE: There is another village named Burton Constable in the East Riding of Yorkshire. It also has a listed building named Burton Constable Hall. The Family Search Library Catalog reference could be for either of the two villages.


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Constable Burton is a village and civil parish in the Richmondshire district of North Yorkshire, England. It is located about 3 miles east of Leyburn. Its main attraction are the gardens of Constable Burton Hall. Prior to the nationwide municipal reorganization of 1974, Constable Burton was located in Leyburn Rural District. Historically, it was located in the ecclesiastical parish of Finghall in the Hang West Wapentake.

Research Tips

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Constable Burton. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.