Place:Burton, Lincolnshire, England

Watchers
NameBurton
Alt namesBurtonesource: Domesday Book (1985) p 169
TypeVillage
Coordinates53.267°N 0.55°W
Located inLincolnshire, England
Also located inLincoln (registration district), Lincolnshire, England     (1837 - 1938)
Welton (registration district), Lincolnshire, England     (1938 - 1974)
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Burton is a village in the West Lindsey district of Lincolnshire, England, and situated approximately north from the city and county town of Lincoln. The village sits on the side of the Lincoln Cliff overlooking the River Trent Valley.

Burton Grade II listed Anglican church is dedicated to St Vincent.

Many houses in the village are built from the same local limestone as that used in the building of Lincoln Cathedral.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Burton, Lincolnshire. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.