Burnby is a village and former civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. In 1935 it was abolished to enlarge the neighbouring parish of Hayton. Both parishes were located in Pocklington Rural District.
Burnby is situated approximately 2.5 miles (4 km) south-east of the town of Pocklington and 4 miles (6.4 km) north-west of the market town of Market Weighton. It lies 1 mile (1.6 km) to the east of the A1079 road.
The church, dedicated to St Giles, was designated in 1967 by English Heritage as a Grade II* listed building. Burnby was served by Nunburnholme railway station on the York to Beverley Line between 1847 and 1951.
Historically, Burnby was an ecclesiastical parish in the wapentake of Harthill.
In 1974 most of what had been the East Riding of Yorkshire was joined with the northern part of Lincolnshire to became a new English county named Humberside. The urban and rural districts of the former counties were abolished and Humberside was divided into non-metropolitan districts. The new organization did not meet with the pleasure of the local citizenry and Humberside was wound up in 1996. The area north of the River Humber was separated into two "unitary authorities"—Kingston-upon-Hull covering the former City of Hull and its closest environs, and the less urban section which, once again, named itself the East Riding of Yorkshire.