Burlington Township is a township in Burlington County, New Jersey, United States and a suburb of Philadelphia. As of the 2010 United States Census, the township's population was 22,594, reflecting an increase of 2,300 (+11.3%) from the 20,294 counted in the 2000 Census, which had in turn increased by 7,840 (+63.0%) from the 12,454 counted in the 1990 Census.
Burlington was formed as a "Towne" by the West Jersey proprietors, and was interrelated to Burlington City during its early days. Burlington was incorporated on February 21, 1798, by an Act of the New Jersey Legislature as one of New Jersey's initial group of 104 townships. Burlington City was reincorporated within the township as of March 14, 1851, at which time a portion of the township was annexed to the city.