Bucknall's Grade II listed Anglican church is dedicated to St Margaret. The west chancel of the church was restored in 1884 by James Fowler. The north nave and door, set within a later timber porch, are Early English gothic. The south nave is decorated gothic, and the font late Norman. The pulpit was given to the church in 1646, and there exists a 1787 chalice, flagon and paten by John Wakelin and William Taylor.
The village has an 18th-century Grade II listed rectory, a small primary school, a nursing home, post boxes, a village hall, a small park and public footpaths.