Bubwith is a village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. The village is situated about 8 miles (13 km) north-east of Selby, and 6 miles (9.7 km) north of Goole. It is situated on the east bank of the River Derwent, west of which is the Selby District of North Yorkshire. It lies on the A163 road.
Since 1935 the civil parish has been formed by the villages of Bubwith and Breighton and the hamlet of Willitoft. According to the 2011 UK census, Bubwith parish had a population of 1,225, an increase on the 2001 UK census figure of 1,104.
In 1974 most of what had been the East Riding of Yorkshire was joined with the northern part of Lincolnshire to became a new English county named Humberside. The urban and rural districts of the former counties were abolished and Humberside was divided into non-metropolitan districts. The new organization did not meet with the pleasure of the local citizenry and Humberside was wound up in 1996. The area north of the River Humber was separated into two "unitary authorities"—Kingston-upon-Hull covering the former City of Hull and its closest environs, and the less urban section which, once again, named itself the East Riding of Yorkshire.