Bryher (Cornish: Breyer, "place of hills") is the smallest of the five inhabited islands of the Isles of Scilly with a length of 2 kilometres (1.2 mi), a maximum width of 1 kilometre (0.62 mi) and an area of 134 hectares (330 acres), including Shipman Head, which rises to 42 metres (138 ft) at the northern end of the island. Bryher lies to the west of Tresco, and is separated from that island by the Tresco Channel, once the main anchorage for the islands and now an area where sandflats are exposed at low tide. Off the southern end of Bryher is the now uninhabited island of Samson. It is possible to walk between the three islands at the lowest spring tides. The centre of Bryher is mainly low lying with arable fields, pasture and housing and is where most of the population of 83 lives.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Bryher.
One of the many maps available on A Vision of Britain through Time is one from the Ordnance Survey Series of 1900 illustrating the parish boundaries of Cornwall at the turn of the 20th century. This map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets.
The following websites have pages explaining their provisions in WeRelate's Repository Section. Some provide free online databases.