Place:Brunton, Northumberland, England

Watchers
NameBrunton
TypeTownship, Civil parish
Coordinates55.514°N 1.677°W
Located inNorthumberland, England
See alsoEmbleton, Northumberland, Englandancient parish of which it was part
Bamburgh Ward, Northumberland, Englandancient division in which it was located
Newton by the Sea, Northumberland, Englandcivil parish into which it was absorbed in 1955
the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia

Brunton is a village in Northumberland, England. It is about 7 miles (11 km) north of Alnwick, a short distance inland from the North Sea coast. Historically it was part of the ancient parish of Embleton. In 1955 it was abolished to enlarge the neighbouring parish of Newton by the Sea.

Research Tips

  • Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.
This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Brunton, Northumberland. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.