Brigham is a small village in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England that forms part of the civil parish of Foston on the Wolds. It is 4 miles (6.4 km) south-east of Driffield, and 16 miles (26 km) north of Kingston upon Hull city centre. The village is located mostly on top of a large hill to the west of the B1249 road and the Driffield Navigation passes through it.
The canal section of the Driffield Navigation was dug around 1767. A swing bridge was built to allow access to Elm Tree Farm, and a footpath to Corpslanding, and Hutton Cranswick. After the decline of traffic on the Driffield Navigation, the swing bridge was last prised open in 1967. After much protest, it was replaced by a fixed bridge in the 1970s, but was restored to full working condition again in 2003.
Historically, Brigham was in the ecclesiastical parish of Foston on the Wolds in the wapentake of Dickering. From 1894 until 1935, Brigham was a civil parish in Driffield Rural District. In 1935 it was absorbed into the neighbouring civil parish of Foston on the Wolds (which, from 1935 until 1974, was named Foston).
In 1974 most of what had been the East Riding of Yorkshire was joined with the northern part of Lincolnshire to became a new English county named Humberside. The urban and rural districts of the former counties were abolished and Humberside was divided into non-metropolitan districts. The new organization did not meet with the pleasure of the local citizenry and Humberside was wound up in 1996. The area north of the River Humber was separated into two "unitary authorities"—Kingston-upon-Hull covering the former City of Hull and its closest environs, and the less urban section which, once again, named itself the East Riding of Yorkshire.