|Alt names||Bricstune||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 305|
|Briston||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 305|
|Bristone||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 305|
|Bristun||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 305|
|Located in||Yorkshire, England|
|Also located in||East Riding of Yorkshire, England |
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Breighton is a village in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated on the east bank of the River Derwent, approximately north west of Howden.
It forms part of the civil parish of Bubwith.
Nearby is RAF Breighton, built between 1940 and 1942 for No. 1 Group RAF, its first residents were the No. 460 Squadron RAAF. After the Second World War, the airfield was used to store Thor missiles, before finally closing in March 1964. It is currently used by the Real Aeroplane Company to house historic aircraft as well as for hosting airshows. RAF Breighton or Breighton Airfield, as it is now commonly known, has the ICAO Code of EGBR.
An airshow is held by the Real Aeroplane Company in the summer.
There is a pub called the Breighton Ferry that is situated to the north-west of the main village.