A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Breadstone from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
Breadstone was a tything and chapelry within the ecclesiastical structure until 1935. From 1866 until 1935 it was a civil parish (1894-1935 in Thornbury Rural District). In 1935 the civil parish was abolished and the 1202 acres of Breadstone was absorbed into the neighbouring parish of Hamfallow. Since 1974 Hamfallow has been located in the Stroud District of Gloucestershire.