Place:Brandy Station, Culpeper, Virginia, United States

Watchers


NameBrandy Station
Alt namesBrandysource: USGS, GNIS Digital Gazetteer (1994) GNIS51003115
TypeTown
Coordinates38.5°N 77.883°W
Located inCulpeper, Virginia, United States
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Brandy Station is an unincorporated community in Culpeper County, Virginia, United States. Its original name was Brandy. The name Brandy Station comes from the Orange and Alexandria Railroad station that was constructed in the 19th century.

Brandy Station was the site of the 1863 Battle of Brandy Station, the largest predominantly cavalry engagement of the American Civil War as well as the largest to take place ever on American soil.

Auburn, Farley, and the Graffiti House are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Culpeper Regional Airport is located on Beverly Ford Road in Brandy Station.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Brandy Station, Virginia. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.