Brampton is a village in Suffolk, England, located approximately four miles (6¼ km) north east of Halesworth, five miles (8 km) south of Beccles and nine miles (14 km) south west of Lowestoft. The mid-2005 population estimate for the modern parish of Brampton with Stoven was 460. Stoven is located just to the east, Uggeshall to the southeast and Shadingfield to the north.
The village is served by Brampton railway station, which is approximately 1½ miles away, on the Ipswich-Lowestoft East Suffolk Line. The A145 divides the village and passes the village church which is dedicated to St Peter. Areas of housing, including at Brampton Street, are clustered on both sides of the road throughout the parish area.
Brampton Hall is a listed country house built in 1794 of red brick for the Leman family who had long associations in the area. The previous Brampton Hall burned down in 1733. A 16th century farmhouse was built on the same site, known as Brampton Old Hall. Both buildings are Grade II listed.