Bramford is a medium-sized village, three miles west of Ipswich, Suffolk, in the Mid Suffolk administrative district. It is recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086 as "Brunfort" or "Branfort". The River Gipping (the source of the River Orwell), runs at the bottom of the village and was a busy navigable waterway during the 19th century. A lock still exists on the east of side of the village. The village has two churches; (one Anglican, St Mary the Virgin, and one Methodist). Bramford railway station was originally on the Eastern Union Railway but closed in 1955.
Note: Wikipedia does not give a population figure for the village.