Bramfield is a village and civil parish in the East Hertfordshire District of Hertfordshire, England. Nearby settlements include Hertford, Waterford and Stapleford. Bramfield's church is dedicated to St. Andrew.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Bramfield from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
Bramfield was a detached parish in the Cashio Hundred which covered, for the most part, parishes further west. (See the outline map on the Cashio Hundred page.) By the 19th century it was in the Hertford Registration District and Poor Law Union, administrations covering a much more local area than Cashio. It was part of the Hertford Rural District from 1894 until 1974 and is now considered to be in East Hertfordshire.