Bramcote is a settlement in the Broxtowe district of Nottinghamshire, about five miles west of Nottingham. It was a separate village but is now a suburb of Greater Nottingham. Originally one of the main roads between the cities of Nottingham and Derby (about 15 miles apart) passed through the village centre. Nowadays the main Nottingham - Derby road (the A52) - called the Brian Clough Way in honour of the late football manager who brought success to both Derby County and Nottingham Forest passes a little to the north of the village centre, partially cutting the centre from the Bramcote Hills part of the village. The original road snakes through the old centre entering a steep-sided cutting just south of the centre, forming a blind bend known as 'Devils Bend'.
Until the 1960s there was a country house estate on the north side of the village, but this has passed into public ownership. The house was demolished in 1968 and its grounds became a public park now known as 'Bramcote Park'. This includes grassed parkland and wooded hillside. Nearby places are Beeston, Wollaton, Chilwell and Stapleford. Bramcote is part of the Borough of Broxtowe. Until 1974 it was part of Beeston and Stapleford Urban District, having been in Stapleford Rural District until 1935. More information may be found at Bramcote Today: official village website and community blog