Bovingdon is a large village in the Dacorum District of Hertfordshire, England, four miles southwest of Hemel Hempstead, and is also a civil parish. Within the District it forms the largest part of the ward of Bovingdon, Flaunden and Chipperfield, which had a population of 3,819 at the 2001 census.
The village is medieval in origin but it has expanded significantly since the 1940s. It now has a large commuter population. The old parts of the village are mostly around the High Street and the Green.
There are two churches in the village. The Baptist Church and the Anglican Church. The Baptist church started as a Wesleyan Methodist Church and changed to Baptist. St. Lawrence Church (Church of England) was built in 1845 by Talbot Bury. The churchyard is the second largest in Hertfordshire and includes an avenue of clipped yew trees.