Bovina is a town in Delaware County, New York, USA. The population was 633 at the 2010 census. The name Bovina was suggested by General Erastus Root, who noted the area's fitness for grazing as the reason his suggestion. Bovina is an interior town in the eastern part of the county.
The town was formed in 1820 from parts of the Towns of Delhi, Stamford, and Middletown, Delaware County, New York. During the 19th century, it was a busy town along the turnpike from Delhi to Kingston.