|Name||Burradon (near Rothbury)|
|Alt names||Borrowdon||source: spelling variation|
|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Northumberland, England|
|See also||Alwinton, Northumberland, England||ancient parish in which it was a township|
|Coquetdale Ward, Northumberland, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Rothbury Rural, Northumberland, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1955|
|Alwinton, Northumberland, England||civil parish into which it was absorbed in 1955|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Burradon (near Rothbury) is a village in Northumberland, in England. It is about 14 miles (23 km) to the southwest of Alnwick and 6.6 miles west of Rothbury.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Burradon from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "BORROWDON, or Burradon, a township in Alwinton parish, Northumberland; near the river Coquet, 6 ½ miles NW of Rothbury. Acres: 1,538. Population: 144. Houses: 31."
Burradon was a township in the ancient parish of Alwinton and became a separate civil parish in 1866. From 1894 it was part of Rothbury Rural District. In 1955 the civil parish was abolished and the area was absorbed back into the parish of Alwinton (which is to the west of Burradon).
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.