Bordon is a town in the in the East Hampshire District of Hampshire, England. It lies 5.4 miles (8.7 km) south-east of Alton and forms a part of the civil parish of Whitehill, the adjoining village. The civil parish is on the A325, and the A3 road between London and Portsmouth.
Before the formation of Whitehill in 1929, Bordon was located in the civil parish of Headley.
Unlike the neighbouring towns of Petersfield, Farnham and Alton, Bordon has not been a market town. Many of the facilities are situated on or near the A325, a former toll road that connects Farnham to the A3 to its south.
The town has been an army base with its own railway station. Bordon camp was first laid out in 1899 by the Highland Light Infantry, directed by Royal Engineers, and following interruption by the Second Boer War, was occupied by the army from 1903. The first occupants of Quebec barracks were the Somersetshire Light Infantry, returning from South Africa in April 1903, and the 2nd Battalion Devonshire Regiment arrived at St. Lucia Barracks from South Africa in June 1903. Bordon Camp was home to the Canadian Army during both of the world wars and the town is dotted with concrete slabs on which tanks and armoured cars were parked. (An important Canadian Army establishment in Canada with an equally long history has been the similarly named Camp Borden near Barrie, Ontario.)
Bordon is now home to the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (REME), providing trade training, both basic and supplementary, to its soldiers, supported by the School of Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (SEME).
In November 1902, the War Department bought the 550 acres (220 ha) Broxhead Warren estate from Sir David Miller Barbour, added to by an additional sized purchase in early 1903.