The name means Good Garden of Minas (Gerais).
It is situated in the southern part of Minas Gerais and in the middle of the Mantiqueira Mountains, at 1,200 meters high, which gives the city a mild climate.
Population: 6,500 inhabitants.
It was founded in 1770 with the formation of a farm land in current city. When it came near the farm houses, became a parish and then the district with the installation of the chapel on May 2, 1856. And finally, in 1938, the district was upgrade to city, with two districts, headquarters and Taboão.
Currently, the city has been increasing in the festivities such as Carnival. An agricultural exhibition in May, and a feast in honour of Jesus Christ in August. Along with the natural attractions of waterfalls and mountain scenery these contribute to the tourism industry of the city.