Place:Boldron, North Riding of Yorkshire, England

Watchers
NameBoldron
TypeVillage
Coordinates54.524°N 1.948°W
Located inNorth Riding of Yorkshire, England     ( - 1974)
Also located inDurham, England     (1974 - )
Yorkshire, England     ( - 1974)
See alsoStartforth Rural, North Riding of Yorkshire, Englandrural district of which Boldron was a part 1894-1974
source: Family History Library Catalog


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Boldron is a village in the Pennines of England, situated close to Barnard Castle. It was historically located in the North Riding of Yorkshire, but along with the rest of the former Startforth Rural District it was transferred to County Durham for administrative and ceremonial purposes on 1 April 1974, under the provisions of the Local Government Act 1972.

Historically, Boldron was located in the ecclesiastical parish of Startforth in the Gilling West Wapentake.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Boldron. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
Fundraiser
Help fund new features!