- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Bockleton from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "BOCKLETON, a parish in the [registration] districts of Tenbury and Bromyard, and counties of Worcester and Hereford; and a [registration] subdistrict in the district of Tenbury. The parish lies 5 miles S of Tenbury [railway] station, and 6 E by N of Leominster; and it includes the hamlet of Hampton-Charles, and has a post office under Tenbury. Acres: 3,229. Real property: £2,588. Population: 346. Houses: 74. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value: £127. Patron: the Rev. J. J. Miller. The church is good.
- "The [registration] subdistrict contains five parishes and parts of two others. Acres, 17,777. Pop., 3,046. Houses, 648."