Not to be confused with
Blyth Haven (south end of the town of Southwold)
Blythburgh, on the same river, further east, half way between Halesworth and Southwold.
Population in 1801 was 163 and by 1840 had risen to 223. In 1861 the population was 193.
Blyford, formerly Blythford, is a parish in Blything district, Suffolk; on the river Blythe, 2½ miles E by S of Halesworth r. station. Post Town, Halesworth. Acres, 947. Real property, £1,548. Pop., 193. Houses, 41. The living is a donative in the diocese of Norwich. Value, not reported. Patron, the Rev. Jeremy Day. The church, made of mainly flint, has two Norman doors and a perpendicular English tower, but is mainly decorated English.
BBC Radio Suffolk 2010-08-09 reported on the 14th/15th century thatched Queen's Head Inn. The inn sign features St Etheldreda as the Queen. Chickens are located at the inn. The thatched roof was replaced in 1988 after a fire.
The church is just across the road from the inn with rumours of a smugglers passage. The church seats 55 and was built in 1088, with a 13th century font added.