|Type||Hamlet, Civil parish|
|Located in||Oxfordshire, England|
|See also||Bullingdon Hundred, Oxfordshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Ambrosden, Oxfordshire, England||parish in which it was a hamlet|
|Bicester Rural, Oxfordshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1932|
|Ploughley Rural, Oxfordshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1932-1974|
|Cherwell District, Oxfordshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Blackthorn is a village and civil parish in the Cherwell District of Oxfordshire, England about 3 miles (5 km) southeast of Bicester. The parish is bounded by the River Ray to the south, tributaries of the Ray to the east and north and field boundaries to the west. The parish's eastern boundary forms part of the county's with Buckinghamshire.
The old village lies between the A41and B4011 main roads. Newer housing on the east side of the neighbouring village of Ambrosden is in the parish of Blackthorn. The 2011 UK census recorded a parish population of 317.
Categories: Oxfordshire, England | Blackthorn, Oxfordshire, England | Ambrosden, Oxfordshire, England | Bullingdon Hundred, Oxfordshire, England | Bicester Rural, Oxfordshire, England | Ploughley Rural, Oxfordshire, England | Cherwell District, Oxfordshire, England