Place:Blackthorn, Oxfordshire, England

TypeHamlet, Civil parish
Coordinates51.869°N 1.099°W
Located inOxfordshire, England
See alsoBullingdon Hundred, Oxfordshire, Englandancient county division in which it was located
Ambrosden, Oxfordshire, Englandparish in which it was a hamlet
Bicester Rural, Oxfordshire, Englandrural district in which it was located 1894-1932
Ploughley Rural, Oxfordshire, Englandrural district in which it was located 1932-1974
Cherwell District, Oxfordshire, Englanddistrict municipality covering the area since 1974
source: Family History Library Catalog
the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia

Blackthorn is a village and civil parish in the Cherwell District of Oxfordshire, England about 3 miles (5 km) southeast of Bicester. The parish is bounded by the River Ray to the south, tributaries of the Ray to the east and north and field boundaries to the west. The parish's eastern boundary forms part of the county's with Buckinghamshire.

The old village lies between the A41and B4011 main roads. Newer housing on the east side of the neighbouring village of Ambrosden is in the parish of Blackthorn. The 2011 UK census recorded a parish population of 317.

Research Tips

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Blackthorn, Oxfordshire. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.