Bishop Wilton is a small village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 4 miles (6.4 km) north of Pocklington and 6 miles (9.7 km) east of Stamford Bridge.
The civil parish was formed in 1935 from the parishes of Bishop Wilton with Belthorpe, Youlthorpe with Gowthorpe, and Bolton (near Pocklington). From 1935 until 1974, Bishop Wilton was located in Pocklington Rural District. According to the 2011 UK census, Bishop Wilton parish had a population of 554 in 227 households, an increase on the 2001 UK census figure of 500 in 199 households.
Historically, Bishop Wilton was an ecclesiastical parish in the wapentake of Harthill.
Just north of the village lies Bishop Wilton Wold, more commonly referred to as Garrowby Hill. At 807 feet (246 m) above sea level, it is the highest point on the Yorkshire Wolds.
In 1974 most of what had been the East Riding of Yorkshire was joined with the northern part of Lincolnshire to became a new English county named Humberside. The urban and rural districts of the former counties were abolished and Humberside was divided into non-metropolitan districts. The new organization did not meet with the pleasure of the local citizenry and Humberside was wound up in 1996. The area north of the River Humber was separated into two "unitary authorities"—Kingston-upon-Hull covering the former City of Hull and its closest environs, and the less urban section which, once again, named itself the East Riding of Yorkshire.