|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Cheshire, England ( - 1974)|
|Also located in||Merseyside, England (1974 - )|
|See also||Wirral (hundred), Cheshire, England||hundred in which it was situated|
|Wirral Rural, Cheshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1891-1933|
|Birkenhead, Cheshire, England||borough into which part was merged in 1933|
|Wallasey, Cheshire, England||borough into which part was merged in 1933|
|Wirral (metropolitan borough), Merseyside, England||metropolitan borough covering most of Wirral Peninsula since 1974|
Bidston-cum-Ford was a township in Bidston ancient parish, in the Wirral hundred, which became a civil parish in 1866. It included the village of Bidston and hamlets of Bidston Moss and Ford.
It was part of the Wirral Rural District from 1894 until 1933. In 1933 Wirral Rural District was abolished and Bidston-cum-Ford was split between Wallasey and Birkenhead.
In the nationwide municipal reorganization of 1974 the entire Wirral Peninsula, with the exception of the municipal borough of Ellesmere Port and urban district of Neston at the southern end, became the Metropolitan Borough of the Wirral in the new administrative county of Merseyside.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Bidston.
Categories: Cheshire, England | Wirral (hundred), Cheshire, England | Wirral Rural, Cheshire, England | Birkenhead, Cheshire, England | Wallasey, Cheshire, England | Wirral (metropolitan borough), Merseyside, England | Merseyside, England | Bidston-cum-Ford, Cheshire, England