|Alt names||Bechesuuella||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 186|
|Bekesuuella||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 186|
|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Norfolk, England ( - 1935)|
|See also||Clackclose Hundred, Norfolk, England||hundred in which it was located|
|Downham Rural, Norfolk, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1935|
|Ryston, Norfolk, England||civil parish into which it was absorbed in 1935|
|King's Lynn and West Norfolk District, Norfolk, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Bexwell from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "BEXWELL, a parish in Downham [registration] district, Norfolk; 1 mile E of Downham-Market [railway] station. Post Town: Downham. Acres: 1,177. Real property: £2,075. Population: 94. Houses: 16. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value: £375. Patron: the Bishop of Norwich. The church is good."
In 1935 Bexwell civil parish was abolished and absorbed by the neighbouring parish of Ryston. A third parish, Ryston with Roxham was also absorbed by Ryston at the same time. The area is now all part of the King's Lynn and West Norfolk District of Norfolk, England.
- GENUKI provides a list of references for Bexwell. Some entries lead to free online transcriptions of registers and censuses.
- GENUKI also advises that the following lists for Norfolk are to be found in FamilySearch:
- England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1510-1997
- England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812
- England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941
- England, Norfolk Marriage Bonds, 1557-1915
- England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901
Categories: Norfolk, England | Bexwell, Norfolk, England | Clackclose Hundred, Norfolk, England | Downham Rural, Norfolk, England | Ryston, Norfolk, England | King's Lynn and West Norfolk District, Norfolk, England