Place:Bethany, Butler, Ohio, United States

Watchers


NameBethany
Alt namesHuntsvillesource: USGS, GNIS Digital Gazetteer (1994) GNIS39001340
TypeCommunity
Coordinates39.383°N 84.367°W
Located inButler, Ohio, United States
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Bethany is an unincorporated community in southeastern Liberty Township, Butler County, Ohio, United States, located in the southwestern part of Ohio. It lies about three miles south of Monroe.

It was laid out by Peter and David Williamson in 1798 on what would become the Cincinnati and Dayton Turnpike (which was later known as the Dixie Highway, United States Highway 25, and Cincinnati-Dayton Road. It gave its name to the Voice of America's Bethany Relay Station and to the telephone exchange which covers most of Liberty and West Chester Townships. It is served by the Middletown post office and the Lakota Local School District.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Bethany, Ohio. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.