Besthorpe is a village and civil parish in the Newark and Sherwood district of Nottinghamshire, England. According to the 2001 census it had a population of 190. The village is between Collingham and Girton on the A1133 road, and is near the River Trent, north of Newark-on-Trent.
At Mill Farm are the remains of a windmill, consisting of the oak post, quarter bars and cross trees of a post mill inside a brick roundhouse, now used as a store Besthorpe Mill was built c. 1832, and ceased working by 1909 although the sails and machinery remained intact until at least the 1930s. In 1899 the miller Charles Merriman committed suicide inside the mill by cutting his throat. According to a tenant, Ron Wilkinson, who moved into the mill house in the 1930s the roundhouse floorboards were bloodstained. They were later concreted over.