Bentworth is a village and large civil parish in the East Hampshire district of Hampshire, England, about northwest of the town of Alton. The parish covers an area of , of which about seven percent is woodland. At the southern edge of the parish is one of the highest points in South East England at above sea level. In the 2011 census, Bentworth had a population of 553. In 2013, Bentworth won the Hampshire Village of the Year Award.
Bentworth has a long history which can be traced to Saxon times, despite Roman remains also being found in the area. After the Norman conquest in 1066, the manor of Bentworth was not named in the Domesday Survey of 1086 however it was part of the Odiham Hundred. Bentworth served a role in the Second World War as a children's home was built in the village for those who had been evacuated from London during the London Blitz. In recent years, Bentworth has grown modestly, with the construction of a dozen houses as well as the post-war development in Glebe Fields.
The parish contains several large manors including Bentworth Hall, Hall Place, Burkham House, Gaston Grange and Thedden Grange. The estate of Bentworth Hall was split up as a result of various sales from the 1950s. St Mary's Church (a Grade II listed building) lies at the centre of the village and has parts that date from the late 11th century.
The village has two public houses; the Star Inn and the Sun Inn (formerly a third called the Moon Inn, but this was destroyed in 1952), a primary school, and its own cricket club. Bentworth formerly had its own railway station, the Bentworth and Lasham railway station on the Basingstoke and Alton Light Railway until the railway's closure in 1932. The nearest railway station is now 3.6 miles (5.8 km) east of the village, at Alton. Bentworth also had its own river, but this, along with many large adjacent ponds, disappeared as a result of drainage in the latter half of the 20th century.