Benson is a village in Woodford County, Illinois, United States. The population was 423 at the 2010 census, up from 408 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Peoria, Illinois Metropolitan Statistical Area.
The village was established in 1874 with the construction of the Chicago, Pekin and Southwestern Railroad. The town was named after S.H. Benson of Streator, Illinois, the railroad's general freight manager. A post office was established in 1873.